Other highlights of this year included:
- Turned 30! So far things keep looking up and I am enjoying this new decade.
- Setting a goal to train and run my first race - then running 3 total by the end of the year! Somehow I was able to make the habit of running stick and I now pull it off consistently several times a week.
- Took an introduction to metalsmithing class and learned how to make jewelry. It was pretty satisfying to get behind the bench and learn the basics to help get a better knowledge of the craft.
- Read some great books:
- Born Standing Up by the admirable and hilarious Steve Martin - a memoir about his stand-up career and early life in general. It made me love and respect him even more than I already did - and that is saying a lot considering he is my second favorite comedian next to Bill Murray.
- You're Not Doing it Right by Michael Ian Black - another hilarious yet touching insight into the life of another one of my favorite comedians.
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich by my new financial hero Ramit Sethi. I had seen his guide to automating your finances a long time ago but only started absorbing the rest of his material this year. There is a LOT of information tailored to young adults that is invaluable and written in the most easy to comprehend manner I have seen since I started taking an interest in financial planning after I graduated college.
- Took an incredible vacation to Bermuda and then told hurricane Leslie to eat my dust.
- Fell in love with thehairpin.com over and over again.
- Kept my fingers crossed that Bill Murray would crash at my place on August 28. He was a no show but we still had a great time watching the best movie ever aka What About Bob.
- Witnessed my first bluegrass live performance by Best Ever Chicken at Rosebud in Davis and can't believe I have been missing out on a ridiculously awesome genre in my life until now.
And lots more.
Looking forward to 2013 and whatever the year decides to throw at me!