... I see France.

After popping by London, our next stop on our jaunt through Europe was Paris, France. We took the train from London to Paris, and I had my first experience with the Chunnel. Aside from some ear-popping and slight anxiety about being on a train that whizzes through a tunnel under the English Channel, our commute from London to Paris was quick and easy.

We had beautiful weather in Paris, and we covered some serious ground. My first glance of Paris was the city at twilight with the Eiffel Tower illuminated in the background. Pretty awesome. It was beautiful in daylight as well. Then we walked along the Champs Élysées... where I sang Champs Élysées by NOFX to myself... it's the little things in life, people! My favorite part about our stop in Paris was lunch in the Luxembourg Gardens on a beautiful sunny day - complete with people watching and a band playing live music in the background. Again, the little things! Here are some of my favorite shots from Paris:


Just arrived from London... walking along the Seine at night.

Aux Champs-Élysées,
Aux Champs-Élysées.
Au soleil sous la pluie
A midi ou minuit
Il y a tout c' que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées

Reunion with Alex's friend Marc from grad school


Approaching the Eiffel Tower

Walking the streets of Paris

Luxembourg Gardens

Luxembourg Gardens

Luxembourg Gardens

Making our mark on the Love Lock Bridge by Notre Dame

Notre Dame Cathedral

The Louvre

No comments:

Post a Comment