Oh hi 2012.



2011 was an eventful year. It had its ups and downs and its bittersweet moments, but I would say it was generally a positive, fulfilling, and eventful year.

I met some great new people, but also had to wish bon voyage to some very special friends as they moved out of town.

I celebrated the marriages of some great friends, and welcomed some new bundles of joy into the world.

I expanded my crafty abilities and learned such things as how to sew, how to make homemade pickles, and how to etch glass.

I took a lot of pictures, but mostly for myself instead of for sale.

I bought in iPhone and discovered instagram.

I read two great books: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and Bossypants by Tina Fey. (I recommend both of them)

At the beginning of 2011, I resolved to do two things: schedule more time for myself, and make sure I start planning for the holidays early so I can enjoy the season instead of having to bustle around trying to get everything in order. I think I did a good job of keeping both of those resolutions. For 2012, I do have one creative resolution that I'm pretty excited about, but I'm going to hold off on sharing it for a bit until I am sure I can commit to it!

Happy New Year to everyone!




1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Allie! Hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete