There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't.

(My ex-wife loves him)

Today, I bring you my current favorite Etsy items that tribute Bill Murray.

We will start with this lovable onesie with one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movie: What About Bob?

There are TWO TYPES of PEOPLE, What About Bob, Bill Murray, Funny Toddler T-Shirt, Baby One-Piece Bodysuit, Romper, Onesie by Little Patriot
What About Bob? onesie by Little Patriot
What About Bob? is the first movie I ever remember seeing Bill Murray in, and it changed my life - and influenced my sense of humor - forever! Of course, looking back, I am sure I saw Ghostbusters and Caddyshack before I saw What About Bob?, but I was unable to appreciate those movies in the 80s. It wasn't until the 90s when I reached double digits in age that I could really begin to appreciate these films. One thing I DO appreciate, however, is this adorable set of Ghostbusters Wood Peg Dolls by CreativeButterflyXOX:

Ghostbusters Wood Peg Dolls Toy Set of 7 READY TO SHIP Bill Murray Peter Venkman Slimer Stay Puft  Marshmallow Man Sigourney Weaver 1984

As I creeped through my teenage years and hit high school, my taste in movies got a little more refined. Conveniently, that's when Wes Anderson movies came into fashion. To this day, I can watch most of them over and over. I think they get better with each viewing. Rushmore was the first one I saw, and have seen all of them since then (including Bottle Rocket which came out before Rushmore but who's keeping track of chronology here?). Here is a nice silhouette referencing Murray's character in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Life Aquatic T-shirt featuring Bill Murray's Red Knitted Hat.
Life Aquatic shirt by Mr. Cloud

Of course, perhaps the most heart warming item on Etsy that references Bill Murray is this cute, sweet card quoting Groundhog Day:

I got you babe - Greeting Card
I Got You Babe card by Canton Box Co.
It's the most awesome little card!!!!

That concludes my Hot Bill Murray list for 2011, which by the way, is in honor of his 61st birthday, today, September 21, 2011. Bill Murray, here's to many more happy and hilarious years!

No comments:

Post a Comment