Parsley & Garlic Butter

I have been wanting to make a custom herb butter at home for a while. I am a big fan of herbs, spices, AND butter, so why not combine them?

It turns out that making herb butter blends is super easy. I did a quick search online for suggestions, and recipes and ingredients varied greatly. I settled on Parsley and Garlic Butter, influenced by this video.



You can vary your ingredients to taste, but I used:
4 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature (actually important in this recipe)
a handful of parsley
a teaspoon or so of minced garlic (next time I'll use fresh chopped garlic but I didn't have it available for this instance)
salt to taste (optional)


Gather your ingredients. Next, finely chop your parsley leaves. I did not include the stems, but I don't see that being an epic problem if you opted to roll them into the recipe. Just make sure you chop them finely, and after you are done chopping, gently but firmly pat as dry as possible with a paper towel. It's a good idea to get as much water out of these as you can, to make basically parsley flakes. It makes for better mixing.



Next, throw all of your ingredients in a bowl and START STIRRING! That's where the "room temperature" phrase comes in handy. Stirring room temperature butter is a lot easier than chilled butter. I hand mixed, so no electric mixer. I don't think an electric mixer would yield great results. Just be patient in your mixing and soon you will have perfect Parsley and Garlic Butter! I added a pinch of salt at the end, but that's really up to personal preference. The parsley and garlic balance each other well without salt, too.



Lastly, roll your butter into "logs" of aluminum foil or parchment paper and chill. I popped mine in the freezer but the fridge will do. I would reccomend making small rolls of butter and freezing them, taking one out of the freezer at a time, per your usage.

I look forward to trying different combinations of herbs and spices!

2 comments:

  1. neat, so in theory, you could make UltraSalted Butter with salted butter and salt.. or bacon butter with bacon salt and salted butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. the only limit is your imagination. or your arteries.

    ReplyDelete