I'd rather take a picture than share 1000 words.

I have never considered myself much of a copywriter. I like to be succinct, short and sweet, to the point. Summarizing a topic is not a problem, but elaborating is tricky for me, and I sometimes have a hard time putting into words what I would like to articulate. I have been aware of this since the early struggles of book reports with a minimum required length of five paragraphs. Grade school book reports turned into high school essays calling for five pages (or more), double spacing, 1" margins, 12 point Times New Roman font. Let's not talk about college - I'd like to forget my cultural geography project on Scandinavian bodies of water.

Elliot Erwitt said, "The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words." I like the way he thinks. Here are some of his photos... I think he has succeeded to tell a story without saying anything at all:





No comments:

Post a Comment