2009 was a good year.


2009 was a good year. I accomplished some firsts... I had the chance to drive across the country with two of my best friends. A photo of mine was featured (in the color section!) in a book about Boston Sports. I had the wonderful experience of being a vendor at Boston's Bazaar Bizarre. And I participated in the nationwide art experiment The Sketchbook Project.

It was a good year for my friends, too. Sidewalk Driver released their first full length CD. I had a lot of fun helping them with photo shoots and designing the album artwork (which, by the way, showed up in Boston Band Crush's album artwork top five of 2009!). Hillary moved to NY with Joe and started grad school at Pratt. Erin & Alex got engaged! And the group at Mad Tasty is moving at a steady pace.

Boston Handmade is going strong and both the group and our individual members had lots of great opportunities this year. We had lots of great show opportunities including South End Open Market and Boston's Bazaar Bizarre. For the second year in a row, we were invited to have a storefront in Downtown Crossing during the holiday season. Crystal of Vintage by Crystal was a guest on THE MARTHA STEWART SHOW! Mimi's Handmade Portrait was filmed and featured on Etsy.com.

Happy New Year to everyone and I look forward to good things in 2010!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS a good year! So glad you are a member of Boston Handmade! Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete