Erin's Summer Salsa

For a while, I have been compiling recipes from family and friends with the plan to design and print a customized cookbook. It has been forning slowly but surely. One of my plans is to actually make each recipe that will be featured in this cook book and take pictures of the final product to be used in the book. My first recipe was this delicious "Summer Salsa" recipe from my very good friend Erin!


Summer Salsa

  • 1 pint fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 medium red onion
  • 1 yellow bell pepper
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 2 tsp of salt

Preparation:

Clean your strawberries, bell peppers, jalapeño pepper, and cilantro leaves. Remove and discard the stems of your cilantro, finely shred, and set aside. Hull and chop your strawberries and place in a medium mixing bowl. Chop your red onions, bell peppers, and jalapeño pepper and combine in mixing bowl with strawberries. Add orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, and salt and combine until evenly mixed. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.


5 minutes before serving, remove the salsa from the refrigerator and stir. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!!


I have to say this came out really well. I tried it when Erin made it for one of her fun parties and have been looking forward to making it myself ever since. Thanks, Erin, for kicking off my recipe making for my cook book!


I am still taking recipes to include, so if you have one you would like to share, please send it my way!

1 comment: