One of My First Creations: Portrait of a Teddy Bear

Packing for my upcoming move has brought many buried treasures to the surface. I found a very old creation of mine buried among some other more recent drawings... oldest documented mixed media piece of mine, perhaps? Behold, a paper cut out, glued, and crayon colored collage of my very favorite teddy bear Goldie.


Looks like I had a thing for hearts and the precarious placement of said shape. One thing is for sure: Goldie has been seriously loved over the years! I remember the day I got her. I was on vacation in NH with my family, I was 3 years old. My mom said I could get a stuffed animal, and I had it down to a teddy bear and a unicorn. The teddy bear won, and we proceeded to the check out counter. They had to do a price check because she was missing a price tag... she was the only one of her kind left and they ended up charging us $8. Why these details remain from my 3 year old mind, I have no idea, but Goldie is priceless now!

No comments:

Post a Comment