The Art of the Post Card

One of my least favorite things about being an adult is paying bills. Receiving these bills in the mail is also not any fun. The blow of receiving bills in the mail has been lessened with the option to go paperless having become more and more popular over the last few years, but still, they come.
I am sure I am not the only one whose heart leaps a little when the mailbox has something more to offer than the latest electric payment or this year's excise tax due. In an increasingly technological age, personal mail is becoming more and more sparse, so I am always excited when a post card or note arrives among the sea of ads, bills, and junk mail.

My friend Dave is very good at maintaining a snail mail relationship. Every now and then, a new post card shows up at my door. The notes are always short and sweet, sometimes funny, sometimes nonsensical, but always uplifting in one way or another. The post card idea is great, too, because you get to personalize your message with an image of your choice! Sometimes Dave sends comic book cards, sometimes they are colorful patterns, and sometimes they are images of his own artwork or photography.
I, in turn, do my best to keep up my end of the post card exchange. I wonder what will show up in my mailbox next...?

1 comment:

  1. Welcomes to google terminal from Austin Texas! google snake
    Amazing insight you have on this, Happy wheels it's nice to find a website that details so much information about different artists... Age of war 2 This article always blew me... Earn to die For how many times I have read this.
    slither io Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while slitherio it's nice to find a website that details so much big farm

    ReplyDelete