So what? Sew buttons.



I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty excited about my new sewing machine.

This past snowy Friday night, Hillary and I stayed in and figured out how to use our new Brother sewing machines. She got one for Christmas, and I got one for my birthday. We were both psyched to learn how to at least stitch a straight line. Turns out it will take each of us some practice, but we made some serious progress! We fumbled through the instruction booklets on how to thread the bobbin and exciting stuff like that, but after mastering set-up, it was smooth sailing. I had no idea how many cool stitches were possible.

Don't go asking me to hem your skirts or make you any curtains or clothes just yet. I'm still figuring this all out, and while I did manage to create a smiley faced pillow out of an old printed t-shirt, my sewing skills are still less than stellar.

Hopefully soon I will be able to move past simply oo-ing and ah-ing at fun fabric and patterns and finally learn to create things out of them!

1 comment:

  1. oooooh! let me know when we can do a sewing night. i want to come over and have sew-much fun! <3 Erin

    ReplyDelete